New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: I NEED HELP
Topic Originator: Jonathan Cholak
Post Date March 31, 2008 @ 2:47 PM
I NEED HELP

Jonathan Cholak
March 31, 2008 @ 2:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello everyone,
My name is Jonathan Cholak, 26, and I plan on opening my own medical billing company.  I believe I have all my ducks in a row- but I am falling short in one area and perhaps you guys could help me out.  I have one certificate in Medical Billing and Coding from one school, but I went ahead to another college that provide a more in-depth program, in which I am also done.  Even though I don't have any experience, I feel like I already know the industry through books and concepts.  I know that once you begin to do the actual billing, its going to be different.  And for that exact reason, my manager of my new company has many years of experience- i will be in a position where she could train me.  So, I have the experience department taken care of---the only area that I need help in is how much to charge the physicians.  From all my reaseach, there is no one formula that will give you an exact amount.  I have articles that have percentages that range from 3-10%.  I know that volume has to do a great deal with the service fee charge....but can someone give me a rule of thumb on how to go about to quote doctors a competitive fee.

Thanks

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc