Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: salary after you pass CPC
Topic Originator: Anonymous
Post Date June 10, 2008 @ 9:28 PM
salary after you pass CPC

Anonymous
June 10, 2008 @ 9:28 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I recently passed the CPC exam and I am wondering what salary I should be getting. I live in Mo and I have 5yrs billing/coding experience.

Steve Verno
June 11, 2008 @ 5:54 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Geography means much.  

Cerified coders could make anywherre from minimum wage to $25 per hour or more.

In Florida, I started making $6.00 per hour. In 2 years I went up to $13 per hour then jumped to $50 wih another employer.  Now down to $0.00 per hour because I lost my job due to my stroke.  Working hard to make a comeback.

Michelle Rimmer
June 11, 2008 @ 9:48 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Steve,

Don't you worry--you WILL make a comeback!!  You are in my prayers and thank you always for your superior advice on this forum for helping the newbies and even us experienced ones!!  :-)

michael
June 24, 2008 @ 5:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

can you give me a few good employer list or advice  T am starting my schooling to become one because I am disabled from polio  The six $ an hour just wont supportmy family and disability is not much more but I am determined to support my family and not rely on disability  please e0mail me and give me some avice I would be very greatfull mikekrumwiede@yahoo.com
thank you and you hang in there I overcame polio and was very succesfull const. supt. for 28 years before post polio syndrome recrippled me and now I can not walk much at all.  you advice would benifit me a great deal
thank you MICHAEL KRUMWIEDE

Steve Verno
June 24, 2008 @ 8:33 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Mike,

you can overcome anything you desire and I m usre you will be a huge asse to our profession

I have no list.  I dont know if there is one.

I look for jobs using Careerbuilders.com for my area,

There were 25 yesterday and now 2 today.  it changes every day.

Do good in school, pay attenion to your teachers, do your homework and never read into anything.  Go with what is presented.  

Much success to you

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc