Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Health Services Management
Topic Originator: Cindy
Post Date June 17, 2008 @ 10:45 AM
Health Services Management

Cindy
June 17, 2008 @ 10:45 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I recently received my diploma in medical billing and coding and currently studying for my CCA exam.  I did not really care for the billing part of the courses.  The school I received my diploma from is now offering an Associates Degree Program in Health Services Management.  I was thinking about taking it, but after doing a little research I am finding that most hospitals, nursing homes, etc. are requiring a Bachelors Degree for those type of job openings.  Would it be worth my time?  Would it be better to just stick to Coding since I know I enjoy that?

Jonathan Cholak
June 23, 2008 @ 5:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hey Cindy,

After reading your post, it reminded me of my own situation.  I already have my BBA, but am now pursing my MHSA and have a certificate in Medical Billing and Coding.  From experience in the field and in the health care field...keep going and get you bachelors.  I am not too sure of your long term goals or financial situation, but in the long run, have that education will open many more doors.  At times, I would question whether or not I should continue my educational track, but God has been good and am grateful that I followed the path.  Gettting a job as a coder is a good way of getting your foot in the door...but I think other areas of health care will become more interesting for down the road because you will learn so much about the health care industry- unless you are passionate about coding...I don't want to assume.  If you have any other questions, email me jonathan_cholak@yahoo.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc