Thread Topic: advice ....help .....please
Topic Originator: soma
Post Date July 9, 2008 @ 8:44 AM
advice ....help .....please

soma
July 9, 2008 @ 8:44 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,
      Hello,
My name is SOMA. I am looking for an entry level job or volunteer job in billing. If I asked somebody they told me I must have it have at least 2 years experience. I prefer at home position in billing. Is there any biller I can work as an assistant (if they send their work to me I can finish and send to them with little guidance? There is no salary requirement for me or I can work as a volunteer for them please.
Here is my cover letter and my resume.
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
I have a broad range of medical billing skills including Medicare and Medicaid knowledge, CMS form completion, follow-up and appeals. In addition, I bring enthusiastic energy to my work, and I learn new skills quickly. I am studying Medical Billing Course at U.S Career Institute with high grades and also have a background doing voluntary works at Maury Regional Hospital in Columbia, Tennessee.
I am seeking a At home office" Part Time Entry Level position in medical field especially in billing for your health care facility. Since this is an Entry level position I am willing to work without pay for few months, which will give you a chance to observe my work.
I am good Team Player and flexible.  I offer my services to do A/R recovery and appeals also.  Working in A/R and Denials, I can bring back your money.
If for some reason you are currently not interested in hiring, I would still like to work voluntarily in the Billing department. This will help me to gain some valuable experience in the medical billing field which Im very much interested in pursuing.  Given the opportunity Im very confident you will find my work valuable.
I have also attached my resume along with this letter for your consideration.
Please contact me at 281-298-9106 if you have an interest.
Expecting to hear from you soon.     
Thanking You
Sincerely
Soma
RESUME
Objective: Seeking AT HOME JOB in MEDICAL FIELD especially in BILLING

Education:
"     Diploma, Medical Claims and Billing Program, U.S. Career Institute, Fort Collins, Colorado
"     Bachelor of Commerce, Madurai Kamaraj University, India. - June 1992

Relevant skills & Experience in Medical Billing
"     Knowledge of CPT&ICD-9-Cm codes
"     Knowledge of medical terminology
"     Ability to coordinate patient billing, processing of insurance claim forms, and claim
follow-up/appeals
"     Ability to establish effective relationships with patients and insurance companies
"     Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, and Patient accounting Software.

Experience:
      Volunteer work in Maury Regional Hospital, Columbia, Tennessee: (Jan 2007- April 2008)
"          Billing Department:  Retrieved patients records, and analyzed for overdue payment.
                 Used Maury Regional Health System software package in Patient Accounting to retrieve and      
                 Analyze patient records.
"          Accounting and Payroll Department:  Worked in Document Management System
      Scanned and uploaded documents to the system with proper period and Journal Entry Numbers
                 Used Maury Regional Health System software package in Account Management to store
                 documents.
"           Sriram Popular Transport Corporation, Tirunelveli, India:
                 Maintain journal entry records for account receivables and payables.

Classroom Projects:
"     Various projects for courses in Costing, Income Tax, Law, Auditing, Statistics, Accounting,  
             Economics and Commerce

Computer skills:
"     Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Lotus, Foxpro, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visual basic.

References:
1.     Tammy Gobble, Accounting Dept, Maury Regional Hospital, 931-381-1111 ext 1638  Supervisor
2.     Beverly May, Controller, Maury Regional Hospital, 931-381-1111 ext 1634  Co-worker
3.     Carol, Accounting Dept, 931-381-1111 ext 1636  Co-worker
4.     Shirley Malone, Billing Dept, Maury Regional Hospital, 931-380-4130  Co-worker
5.     Sarah Barry, Asst Director Volunteer Services, Maury Regional Hospital, 931-380-4047

Michelle Rimmer
July 14, 2008 @ 8:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

SOMA,

Have you tried careerbuilder.com?  I have seen a few at-home billing jobs posted there in the past.

soma
July 14, 2008 @ 9:43 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,
       Thanks for your reply. I already register in the career builder.

Pevans
July 14, 2008 @ 11:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Soma,

Please try these:

www.simplyhired.com and www.indeed.com

Once on these, type in words like coding, billing, remote coding something along those lines.

Pevans, CPC

steve verno
July 15, 2008 @ 1:43 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

This site has many jobs posted that could help you find what you wish

also, try looking at anyt bulletin boards at your local Vo-Tech or Community College.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc