Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Director of Coding Position
Topic Originator: Jim Rosenberger
Post Date August 26, 2008 @ 8:38 AM
Director of Coding Position

Jim Rosenberger
August 26, 2008 @ 8:38 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

ExecSearch Carolina/RoseSearch has been retained to identify candidates for The Director of Coding Operations.  I wanted to get your thoughts and referrals regarding any colleagues you might nominate for this position.  I appreciate your assistance and would be happy to provide additional detail on the position.  I have included my detailed contact information below.

Thank you

OUR CLIENT:  Internationally renowned, nationally ranked, and regionally respected academic medical center.  The system integrates high-quality patient care, advanced medical education, and translational research to provide a full spectrum of health care.

Advance health through research, education, clinical practice and community partnerships, providing each person the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time.

The Clinic is a not-for-profit organization with historical roots of physician leadership and representative governance. The Clinic has physicians and other providers throughout New England.

The Clinic is committed to a regional, integrated, comprehensive healthcare system, which can evolve under physician leadership, lay administrative support and public trustee guidance. The Clinic and its partnering organizations are recognized as leaders in using scientific methods to improve health care delivery.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
POSITION:  Director of Coding Operations (Revenue Management Leadership Team)

REPORTS TO: Vice President, Revenue Management

The successful candidate will have operational responsibility for a coding team of 75 managers and staff that handle all professional and facility coding for the Health System including a 900 physician multi-specialty group practice and a 370-bed, academic medical center.

In this role you will develop the management strategy, direct the day-to-day coding operations, organize all aspects of coding for services, play a critical role in the interpretation of clinical services as they apply to billable charges, establish coding policies and procedures for the system, and provide leadership and oversight for major systems implementations.

This position involves working with healthcare providers, support process leaders, operational managers, and partnering with compliance and clinical areas to heighten awareness of coding and compliance.

Other responsibilities include streamlining coding operations and practices, identifying best practices to improve processes, and reviewing charge structures for accuracy and compliance.

Requirements:

5 years of Coding Management experience in a healthcare system, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership position in a complex medical environment.

CCS/CCS-P certification through AHIMA, OR CPC/CPC-H certification through AAPC

Proven management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills are required.

Jim Rosenberger
ExecSearch Carolina LLC/RoseSearch
15105-D John J. Delaney Drive Suite 214 |Charlotte, NC  28277 |704.752.5100 jim.rosenberger@execsearchcarolina.com  | www.execsearchcarolina.com

steve verno
August 26, 2008 @ 12:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Questions:

Where will this person be working (city, state).

To help, I believe this is not a position where someone would work from home.

Have you onsidered someone certified by another coding certification orgaanization.

Does this position require traveling throughout the New England area?
THanks

Jim Rosenberger
August 26, 2008 @ 1:02 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Boston, no remote.  Very little travel involved

Jim Rosenberger
August 26, 2008 @ 1:04 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Why are you asking?  I know that you are a recruiting and staffing company.  Do you have a candidate for me on a split basis?

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc