Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: here is some job search advice
Topic Originator: Marynza
Post Date September 10, 2008 @ 8:44 PM
here is some job search advice

Marynza
September 10, 2008 @ 8:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I graduated in June and shortly after my school set me up w/an interview as part of their placement assistance program, I did not get the job and the sent me on only a few other interviews that got me no where. I was feeling really bad and having financial problems and really desperatly need a job, so three months after my initial interview I called back the first place I had interviewed at at left a voice message that I was still interested in a position if one should open up. Two weeks later they called me back for a second interview and quickly offered me a position, they hired someone who didn't work out and they were looking for someone to fill in...even if a company turns you down it might be that they just don't have a need or a place you can fill at the moment but a month or two or three later down the line somthing might open up so don't give up on getting a job at the place you really want to work just because they turn you down the first time. When I swallowed my pride to call them back I thought it would be pointless because if they wanted me they would have hired me before but I was proven wrong.  I am not getting paid as much as I was expecting or would like but hey it's a great billing company and at least I have a starting point for a while there it seems like no one would want me. Now I just have to do a good job so they keep giving me more responsibilities. I'm only on my third day at the job and feel in over my head all the time, my school couldn't teach me the things I'm learning now.

P.S. I sent my resume to over 50 position openings and not one of them would offer me an interview... the only interviews I was able to get were through my school or temp agencys.

I HAVE A JOB!!! :)

Angel
September 11, 2008 @ 3:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Marynza,
               Congratulations! I'm so happy for you I'm just hoping that It would happen to me too. Anyway right now I feel a little bit better because all of you here in the forum are great, giving advice is one big thing that help the newbies like me that losing hope to stand up and be positive, like the sayings "try and try until we succeed". Thank you all guys.

steve verno
September 11, 2008 @ 7:23 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Good Job!!!

The initials after your name should be INGU

I Never Give Up!

Marynza
September 13, 2008 @ 10:40 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Steve, what does INGU mean?  I apologize if I'm a noob.

steve verno
September 13, 2008 @ 12:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I Never Give Up!

DAN YOUNG
October 27, 2008 @ 4:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Steve,

I once made a comment about shoe leather express.

That was a comment that someone did not know what I meant.

Now I am waiting for someone ask what F/U means.  (Oh, I better tell the lowly minded what it means now:  Follow Up.  Now go get your minds out of the gutter.)  LOL    :)

Have a good day, steve.

Ann
March 25, 2009 @ 6:15 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,
That is a good idea going through a temp agency.  I will keep that in mind when looking for a Medical Billing position.

Mary
July 8, 2009 @ 9:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Another good thing I've found is to try to market yourself to temp agencies if you have your own company.  their clients would still have to pay them the fee, and it's a no-brainer to use me rather than an in-house biller/coder in most cases so it's a win-win.  Don't expect them to graciously accept your offer ... most of them turned their noses up quite quickly.  Just keep trying and sending them your newsletters and eventually, the good ones will figure out how beneficial it could be to have you in their rolodex.  Best of luck to anyone job hunting in this economy.
Mary

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc