Schools / Colleges

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: HELP!
Topic Originator: Jessica
Post Date January 21, 2011 @ 1:21 PM
HELP!

Jessica
January 21, 2011 @ 1:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

So, I am completely overwhelmed trying to figure out which course to take and why.  Can anyone please assist me?  I have read a bunch of the forum and have found it helpful but it also continues to send me in a tailspin.  I have looked at the following schools: AAPC, pennfoster, US Career Institute, medicalbillingcourse.com  Any feedback?  I want to start my own home business and already have a slew of medical knowledge in terms of anatomy and terminology as I am a licensed massage therapist.  I think it would be best to take both a billing course and a coding course, starting with a billing course.  Feedback on that?  Will i be able to work from home just as a biller until I complete my coding course as well?
Thank you!!!

valentine
February 7, 2011 @ 8:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would recommend going through your local community school, they are WAY cheaper than the private for profit schools.

If you want to do online only, I would recommend going through AAPC or AHIMA with their online program.

I think its great you want to start your own billing company, but just a word of advice, it takes at least a couple of years to be competent and familiar enough to go on your own.

So I'd suggest starting out in an established office, gain experience and then you can start your own.

Good Luck

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc