Schools / Colleges

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: medicalbillingcourse.com
Topic Originator: Mary
Post Date February 16, 2006 @ 3:34 PM
medicalbillingcourse.com

Mary
February 16, 2006 @ 3:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

has anyone taken this course?  is it worth it?

Cindy
February 16, 2006 @ 4:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Do you have any medical background?  I am taking a Coding and Billing combination course on-line.  I am an administrator at an accounting firm and have no medical background.  The courses I am taking include Anatomy & Physiology, Surgery, Pharmacy, Medical Office Procedures, etc.....  The program I am in is $3,000 compared to the $500 of this one.  I guess if you have medical experience it would be okay, but if not, maybe look into others.  Good Luck!

Mary
February 16, 2006 @ 4:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

i have a medical background.  not an extensive one, but I took a medical billing course last year that wasn't very complete.  this one seems to have more information and less filler.

Tammy Harlan
February 17, 2006 @ 10:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Mary,

If you would like some feedback from the students of Medical Billing Course.com there are 2 things that you can do:

1.  Visit the Medical Billing Course Student Support Forum by clicking on the link on our website at www.medicalbillingcourse.com.

2.  You can email us with a request for student references.  Email your request to customerservice@medicalbillingcourse.com.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

CHI MANH TO
June 10, 2006 @ 2:19 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

i have started the course and finishing chapter 2. the course seem very promising to me. but i don't know if i can work in a medical office for a doctor as i finish this course. the reason i want to work in a doctor's office is to have experience before i start my own business. is there anyone has been employed as a medical biller at a doctor's office after finishing this course? thank you.  one more thing is Synergy's software for medicall billing business. how much does it cost? and what is the correct website for it? thanx alot.

Naomi
July 7, 2008 @ 8:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am currently taking the course and it is very informative. I statred out taking one class at a time. I think I found the right online class to take. Take a class and see how you like it. You'll be finished in no time.

Cynthia Chagin
December 6, 2008 @ 11:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have called four times, emailed two times. NOBODY has returned my calls or emails. It has been 6 days. They claim to have excellent response time.

lahlah83
December 7, 2008 @ 3:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I understand your frustration, but I do know that earlier in the week I received a delayed response to an email I sent to Tammy Harlan and she had stated that they couldn't make it into the office the other day due to an ice storm so I suspect that they have continued to have bad weather this week which has prevented them from returning calls and emails.  They will respond once they are able to.  At least that is what I suspect has caused the delay.  Normally they are pretty quick to respond unless there has been bad weather or for example when they moved offices last month and it didn't go as planned with the phones, they were done for several days.

Tammy Harlan
January 14, 2009 @ 7:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Cynthia,

I apologize that you did not receive our usual - quick response - to your calls.  One of the most common testimonials we receive from our students is our quick response time.

We moved our offices in November (from rented space to space we own) and went from normal phone lines and cable internet to a complete T1 system which came with kinks to work out.  Then in early December, we experienced an ice storm that knocked out everything for a couple of days.  Some of the messages left on our phone system were gone forever.  It took us about a week to recover, but we did.  We did post announcements on our forum about the problems we were experiencing at the time.

I hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust.

Best wishes to you.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course, LLC
(865) 286-9124
tammy@medicalbillingcourse.com

Tammy Harlan
January 14, 2009 @ 8:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks for explaining our situation lahlah83.  I do apologize for any inconvenience we caused you during this time as well.  

I guess with growth, "growing pains" are a natural thing.  Then, to have the weather affect us as well...     I guess I'd rather get it all over with at once, as it was all out of our control.  =O)

Thanks again for passing on the explanation.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course, LLC
(865) 286-9124
tammy@medicalbillingcourse.com

Linda Walker
March 3, 2009 @ 12:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Tammy Harlan was one of the most important and instrumental people to help me get started in this business way back.
I have the honor and privilege of having had seen her course and there is no other course out there that i know of that can come close. The thing I love MOST about it is that you don't have to decide FIRST if you want to start your own business or work within a medical office. The course is suited for both. The other thing I love is Tammy's passion and devotion over the years to this industry. This course is constantly updated. SEVERAL of her students are some of my subscribers and I have heard NOTHING but good about this course. Her students are succeeding!

Linda Walker
PMRNC
www.billerswebsite.com

Mary Burroughs
May 14, 2009 @ 1:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'm HURT that I'm not on Steve's list even though I haven't done anything fantastic in the industry yet.  

I can say, however, that I tried Tammy Harlan's course after getting burned by another course that cost six times as much and I learned more in the first week than I did in 2 years with the other course.  I think people have already said enough about the course content and the services of the website, so I won't dwell on that in this post, but one thing I did want to mention is what happens afterwards.  When I graduated, Tammy helped me out with several issues I was having right from the get-go.  One of the themes in the course is that she isn't going to teach you everything you need to know, she's going to teach you how to find it yourself especially since the information changes so rapidly, and I think that is one of the biggest reasons her course is so successful.  It's been three years since I graduated, and I still don't know it all, but I certainly know where to find it!

Nonny
June 16, 2009 @ 10:16 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I just want to add my big thumbs up to www.medicalbillingcourse.com!  I am starting my own biz and I owe them a debt of gratitude. I have given them permission to use me as a lifetime reference.

Keri
July 21, 2009 @ 1:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am just beginning this journey to find the right school and need it to be online.  I don't want to do something that in the end will not be of any use and a waste of money.....so is this program worth it?  And do they have grants/acredited?

Thanks

Mary
July 31, 2009 @ 2:07 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Keri, go to their website if you want more information.  There's a contact number there if you want to speak from someone at the school, or feel free to email me pmsolutions.mary@gmail.com if you want to ask me anything.  I actually got ripped off by a school that cost three times as much before I found Tammy Harlan, and believe me, I was as skeptical as anyone.  I can't say enough about the program or the support, so if you're serious about medical billing, take my advice and browse the site for a while.  You'll see what I mean.

steve verno
March 3, 2009 @ 2:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Cynthia

Sometimes we experience things that we have no control over.  Tammy is one of the best.  

I trust her with my two first born male children but she wont take them.  How did I have two first born male children?  Two wives.  I'll never do that again.  But, seriously, Tammy is someone we all respect and have nothing but good things to say about.  If I were hiring, I would take any of her students.  I am confident that they would be the best asset I could have.  

LInda is also in my top list of the best experts.   The following are in my list because they earned it.  There is no rhyme or reason for the order:

1)  James McCuen and Sharon Morikone
2)  Liz Jones
3)  Sean Weiss
4)  Dan and Kathy Young
5)  Ken Engle
6)  David Hamilton
7)  Mel or Marty Gottlieb
8)  Mike Drinkwater
9)  Marge McQuade
10)  Tammy Harlan
11)  Linda Walker
12)  Michelle Rimmer
13)  David F. Jakielo
14)  Darlene Boschert
15)  Dr.  Jin Zhou
16)  Steve Stern
17.  Dr. Rodney Kang
18)  Dr. David Lang
19)  Dr Dwaraknadh Banala

If your name isnt here, dont take offense.  MY mind is a 100 Meg harddrive that crashed for being too full.  It needs defragging bad.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc