Schools / Colleges

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: GED or not
Topic Originator: Edna Green
Post Date March 20, 2006 @ 9:52 PM
GED or not

Edna Green
March 20, 2006 @ 9:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I don't have a GED but i've worked in the medical field for over 7 years and lots of the billers told me that i don't need to have a ged for medical billing but for coding i do is this true

HEather
July 11, 2006 @ 9:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The CCS-P credential which I have is a coding credential one of the requirements to take the test was a high school diploma or a GED. AS far as coding if you are looking for becoming a certified coder then ye you have to have either to take the test.

Phyllis
July 11, 2006 @ 6:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Contact www.aapc.com
This will give you all the information you need to become a CPC, Certified Professional Coder.

Marlene
July 19, 2006 @ 5:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would recommend that you have your GED before taking any courses for coding.  I am an RHIT, studying for the CCS and my required courses in college included Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmacology, Ethics and Medical Law, Pathophysiology and of course the coding classes.  I hope the classes you decide to take cover each of the subjects, you will use all of them in your position.  Besure also that you research your school, and that it is accredited for teaching coding.

Vanessa
August 2, 2006 @ 4:01 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I did the coding course and one of the requirements was my GED. Please get your GED. It's for your own benefit, and you will feel good about yourself. Knowledge is power.

Nay
October 27, 2015 @ 4:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

With the accredited program I am taking you do NOT need a GED.
Weston Distance Learning, Inc.
At-Home Professions ~ U.S. Career Institute ~ McKinley College research there courses for medical billing and coding. 970-282-6324 this is the admissions number they can send you info if you'd like

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc