Schools / Colleges

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Internship
Topic Originator: Delisha
Post Date January 4, 2007 @ 11:47 AM
Internship

Delisha
January 4, 2007 @ 11:47 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I live in SW Minnesota and I am having a terrible time finding an internship in Medical Billing. I am set to graduate in April 2007 but I can't graduate without completion of an internship.  Please help!!

Leah
January 4, 2007 @ 7:35 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Your school would be responsible for setting up your internship.

Delisha
January 4, 2007 @ 7:41 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

No they are not. This particular school wants us to find our own internship, thus my stress.

Jennifer
January 11, 2007 @ 4:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Talk to your own doctor's office. See if they can let you sit there while they work and you can watch. Also, ask to do some of the work.
It is terrible that a school require and internship and then doesn't provide it.

Leah
January 11, 2007 @ 8:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I agree!  What kind of school is that?  I might have a talk with the accrediting agency if it were me.

Patricia Orr
February 16, 2007 @ 5:49 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

please contact me at  claimstat01@msn.com, I can help

Delisha
February 16, 2007 @ 9:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I actually found an internship but its in medical records. I'm worried because of my lack of experience in medical billing and/or coding that I won't be able to find a job that will hire me as entry level.  Can anyone help?? I live in the SW metro area of MN

Delisha
February 16, 2007 @ 10:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I actually found an internship but its in medical records. I'm worried because of my lack of experience in medical billing and/or coding that I won't be able to find a job that will hire me as entry level.  Can anyone help?? I live in the SW metro area of MN

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc