New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: any input on programs
Topic Originator: Juliemarie
Post Date February 2, 2007 @ 1:12 PM
any input on programs

Juliemarie
February 2, 2007 @ 1:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,

I am currently attending the Medical Billing and Coding program at the local College.  I am not sure the information is as detailed as it should be and I am looking at either doing the AAPC online program or another program.  Would love anyone's advice on finding a good program and any other info you would care to share.  
Feel free to email direct.  Would love to talk to people in the field.

Thanks and Take Care,
Juliemarie

Steve Verno
February 2, 2007 @ 2:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I always recommend the courses offered by the Medical Association of Billers.  You can contact Liz Jones at 702-240-8519 for more information on what they offer.

Steve Verno
February 2, 2007 @ 2:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I always recommend the courses offered by the Medical Association of Billers.  You can contact Liz Jones at 702-240-8519 for more information on what they offer.

Juliemarie
February 2, 2007 @ 3:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What about the online program with the AAPC?  

Thanks for your time.
Juliemarie

Leah
February 2, 2007 @ 7:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It would greatly help to know where your interests lie - billing, coding, professional, ancillary, inpatient, etc.

Karen Semperger CPC, ACS-EM
February 7, 2007 @ 8:28 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I highly recommend the Coding Boot Camps offered through hcPro.  It is an intensive one week program and they offer a variety of different types (i.e., Professional, Hospital, Medicare specific).  I personally went through the Certified Coder Boot Camp (original version) and found it to be the best program I have ever taken.  I was already a CPC but sat through the class (run by Hugh E. Aaron) and found it a nice refresher.  This class was multi-specialty in design and specifically targeted towards those wanting to become a CPC (certified professional coder).  When I compared it to the class I took in preparing to become a CPC (year long class), I found that Hugh's class was much better and a far greater program with specific targeting towards the CPC examination.  You can find more information about this program and the other Coding Boot Camps at:  www.hcprobootcamps.com

Marina
February 10, 2007 @ 11:28 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would recommend the medicalbillingcourse.com. That's a course which includes what you really need to focus on as a medical biller. After finishing that course it is possible to apply what you learned to real life! Before, I attended a medical billing program through a career college.  The information was good, detailed but not focused on every day medical biller's operations. Anatomie, medical terminology, coding etc, . with the medicalbillingcourse.com, that was really different, I was gathering data from physician office forms, entering data in the practice management software, generating claims, posting payments, running reports, etc... I also learned how to calculate copays/deductibles and had online support evertime I had a question!

Dawn M
November 28, 2007 @ 7:27 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

In my opinion, there are some really good schools out  there and a whole bunch of subpar ones. Usually schools that advertise on TV and also offer classes in auto mechanics and basket weaving are not good programs :)

I've several good programs recommended to you here. I'd like to add another one. MT Advantage Career Center is an online, interactive, comprehensive program of study offering courses in medical transcription, medical coding, and medical billing.

I agree with what others have said on this forum that courses that combine billing and coding probably are not giving in-depth coverage to each subject.  Whereas, at MTACC you can take both courses together for a discount, you learn one completely and then move on to the next one.

I'd be happy to send you a free Ebook about medical coding, if you are interested. Just Email me for it.

Dawn M
Education Coordinator
MT Advantage Career Center
www.mtacc.net
DawnM@mtacc.net

Gloria Cotto
December 1, 2007 @ 9:26 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Would you please send me your free e-book on medical coding and medical billing, if you have one?

Thanks

G Cotto
Naples, FL

Gloria Cotto
December 2, 2007 @ 10:52 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Sorry, forgot to include my email address in my reply:  ProfessionalBsServices@yahoo.com

Thanks again

G Cotto
Naples, FL

Julie
April 2, 2008 @ 10:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What state are you in?   Do you have any actual coding work experience?   This can make a difference on what format you should consider for prepping for the exam.    

I am the medical coding program director for our local college.   I have students who have worked in the field and also student who have not.   I have to switch my teaching methods according to the students experience.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc