General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: NETWORKING
Topic Originator: MURUGESH MANIAM
Post Date March 5, 2009 @ 2:40 AM
NETWORKING

MURUGESH MANIAM
March 5, 2009 @ 2:40 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I've been in coding and billing close to 14 years, in India, and wish to network with professionals in India. Workers in the Indian healthcare BPO space have their own problems and needs. I would like to help. This does not mean I separate myself from my US friends. I feel I'm uniquely situated to help groups here.

This is not a solicitation. I'm just a friend. People like Steve Verno are good models.

Thank you so much.
Murugesh Maniam BA CPC

srinivas r sajja
March 5, 2009 @ 11:57 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

thanks

Murugesh
March 6, 2009 @ 2:02 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You're welcome.

Linda Walker
March 8, 2009 @ 8:44 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What's your take on HR: 427?
I think this is going to make a big impact in offshore outsourcing.

I await your response.

Murugesh
March 9, 2009 @ 12:39 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Dear Linda,

Personally, I'm not concerned. Life is full of choices. And opportunities.

If the bill is passed, it will impact outsourcing, especially healthcare outsourcing, which is my area. It is for the American people to decide.

My position is simple. I'm not a business owner. If you don't wish me to serve, I will go elsewhere, do something else. I have planned and skilled myself according. (BTW, I'm not rich, I need to work, hard, or I'll be in the poorhouse.)

I don't want to argue for or against outsourcing. Where there is "controversy" there is always more emotion and sentiment, than logic. I don't wish to enter such battles. It is for individuals to decide what is good for them. I will accept their decision.

I'm just a coder/biller. You need me, let me know. You don't, God Bless You.

If outsourcing is really taking jobs away from Americans, then don't outsource. I will support you.  

I've heared about the coder shortages in many places in the US. Reportedly, overall it may be as high as 20 to 30%. I would like your views and the views others on this. Is this true?

Regards,
Murugesh

Murugesh
March 9, 2009 @ 12:58 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You want to know if I support HR 427. I do.

Any legislation to protect PHI, and rights of citizens, anywhere, is welcome. If that affects my attempts to make money, though I have no intention of denying anybody his/her rights, then so be it. I have to accept that.

But life is all about balancing risk against returns. We have to find that balance, and keep re-balancing. Which calls for vigilance and open minds, that can handle fear and insecurity.

Murugesh

Murugesh
March 10, 2009 @ 1:08 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Steve,

I disagree. People who want to become knowledgeable and thinking coders and billers can learn from guys like you.

Knowledge, however, has it's dangers. Even as you quietly and peacefully go about your job, you may become a threat to some people. It can be dangerous for your growth and career. Nevertheless, you should not give up. Why, you may not be encouraged because you know too much. So wear the mask, most of the time and look for people who really need you.

I wish you good health.

It might interest you to know that so far I've received only one response to my invitation. That one word response is on the forum.

Murugesh

Linda Walker
March 10, 2009 @ 8:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

While I do believe offshore outsourcing is "stealing" American Jobs, the issue of H.R. 427 is letting the CONSUMER be aware to make an informed decision on WHERE their personal Information is going. We are not just talking about the implications of "JOBS", but we have a right to know where our personal information is going..especially when there are greater threats of identity theft and fraud with other countries NOT libel to follow US privacy or HIPAA laws.  Doctors, Hospitals, Insurance Companies, and employers in the US have to be educated on their Liability of such issues.

Again, this is NOT a simple matter of American Jobs...it's much more than that.

Linda Walker
PMRNC
www.billerswebsite.com

SW
March 11, 2009 @ 9:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It is almost funny that people are NOW waking up and driving this HR 427 bill. Medical billing has taken off in India since last 10 years. There are far superior medical billing companies employing 1000s of well trained medical biling professionals than you can ever imagine sitting here in US having a very narrow outlook to the whole issue of global economy.

And if your mission is to look out for the rights of Americans then why were you not worried about PHI sent to other countries, HIPAA issues and making CONSUMERS aware of their rights all these years?
Why now? Could it be that it IS about loosing American jobs to other countries??

Linda Walker
March 15, 2009 @ 8:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It must be all the sand ...
This has been an issue for over 10 years and people have been fighting the fight for years.
How do you know people like myself have never been concerned with PHI being sent overseas? I take the time to find out where my doctor sends my info, unfortunately there are too many American's that are being duped and don't even know where there information is going.
If you don't support the effort.. don't sign the petition!

steve verno
March 9, 2009 @ 11:38 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks for the kudos, But I am hardly a role model.

Im about the worst model anyone can have.  

Im old, overweight, and slowly becoming a dinosaur. I have to make room for the new generation and let them take on the challenges and the gauntlet for the future.  

newer laws, lawsuits and technologies, are reshaping our business.  I was there in the beginning.  I learned how to accomplish things my way, but my way is apparently outdated. The next generation wants to hear from their own.  Im like the old person on Survivor, getting voted out at tribal counsil.  

Steve, The tribe has spoken.

But thanks.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc