Thread Topic: How to get started...
Topic Originator: Krishna
Post Date July 16, 2009 @ 11:37 AM
How to get started...

Krishna
July 16, 2009 @ 11:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi All,
I am a new comer to the forum.
I worked for several years in engineering and computer applications. For personal reasons, I want to put that behind me, make a clean break and start with Medical Billing and Coding.
I am presently in California and planning to shift to Seattle, WA shortly. Some of the experienced professionals may please advise me on the following:
1. I presume the starting point is to learn Medical Terminology. I am already working on that from on line material. Can someone suggest a good book?
2. What sort of coaching will be more beneficial - in person or on line? I can look for a course in a community college and join there. Or if anyone can suggest a good online course, I can join the online course.
3. Are there any agencies (hospitals etc) in the Seattle area which accept Medical Billers on training - I can work as a volunteer.
4. The plan is to get some practical training before aiming for coding certification. Or can someone suggest an alternative plan?
5. Any other helpful advice to make my transition easier.
Thanks in advance.

DAN YOUNG
October 16, 2009 @ 6:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

This has already been commented on many many times.  Just research the forum and you will find all of your answers.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc