General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Cross Country Education seminars
Topic Originator: Daria
Post Date February 5, 2010 @ 4:25 PM
Cross Country Education seminars

Daria
February 5, 2010 @ 4:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi, is anyone planning to attend any of the Cross Country Education seminars "The ABCs of Medical Coding: Everything You Need to Know for Optimal Reimbursement" in the NW region? My office manager wants to send me to the seminar in Seattle (Renton) on Tues Feb 16th. I wonder if anyone has gone to any seminars held by Cross Country Education. Do you think it is worth the time to go? It sounds like a great program. Really, I'm a little worried that it could be too much info to try to cram into 7-8 hours.

I'm working in a privately owned GP clinic with 2 ARNPs and I have basically no formal training in coding, but I have a background in health insurance, an understanding of what can be reimbursed, and a great support team from the billing service company that does our claim submissions. (I set up all claims with CPTs and ICD9s and they send them to insurances, they do not edit or code for us).

I know it will be amazing information and wonderful insight, but I'm really worried that it will be over my head and/or too much to take in.

I'd really appreciate anyone's advice or experiences.

Lori
February 16, 2010 @ 8:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been to several Cross Country seminars.  They have all been very helpful and worth the time and money. I'm going to one this week.

Daria
February 18, 2010 @ 4:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thank you Lori and Michelle. It was a good seminar. Much smaller than I expected - probably only 25 coders in attendance, but I think that made it much easier to learn. We all had time to ask our own questions and didn't spend time going over issues for specialties that were not there. It didn't seem at the time like I got a lot of new or useful info for my clinic specifically, but I can tell that when I spend time going over my notes and putting it all together, that I will end up with more info than I thought.

Michelle
February 18, 2010 @ 10:29 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I found that they are good at reciting the information they have been trained on.  If you are an experienced coder and have a challanging issue, they are unable to provide guidance.  If a new coder, I think you will learn alot. Just be a sponge :)

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc