General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: procedural notes
Topic Originator: pam
Post Date June 20, 2007 @ 1:22 PM
procedural notes

pam
June 20, 2007 @ 1:22 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Can anyone tell me or direct me to information pertaining to required procedural notes.
I code and bill for ED docs, we due minor procedures, such as, I&D.
What is required in the note to be sufficient enough to bill for that procedure?
I have been told different things, one being just that an I&D was performed, another being, the note needs to says the size blade used, whether pus was expressed, patient tolerated the procedure well.
Another example would be, the patient is intubated, does the doc need to verify the placement with an xray?
Thanks for any input

Pam

Blank
June 21, 2007 @ 10:58 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We bill 90801 to Medicare. They pay, then we prepare a secondary claim for our local Medicaid. We make a paper Medicaid secondary claim and attach a copy of the Medicare voucher. Our local Medicaid does not like the 90801 code; they want us to change the 90801 code to their local H code(even though the voucher attached to the claim form lists the Medicare payment for a 90801.) This does not seem right, since we are billing Medicare for a 90801 we should bill the secondary that same procedure code. Does anyone have "proof" that the procedure code needs to remain the same for the secondary billing?

pam
June 22, 2007 @ 11:07 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

your response makes no sense to my question

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc