BC Advantage Magazine

General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Advice Please
Topic Originator: Kelly
Post Date October 18, 2007 @ 3:22 AM
Advice Please

October 18, 2007 @ 3:22 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am new at this. I just grad. in june. I was looking for a job until my hubby got into the academy I have a 2 year old and daycare is expenceive. Any way I will be moving out of state soon. I am certified nation wide. I know with the kind of experience I got I can't do this from home yet. Any suggestions on what too do.

October 19, 2007 @ 11:19 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would put together a real good resume and get the yellow pages out. Call physician's offices and tell them you are certified and looking for an entry level position. Ask if you can fax your resume. Even if they don't need someone right this minute-they may need someone in the future. I did this for my first position. I called a pediatrics office that did not need anyone but accepted by resume by fax. Two weeks later their biller gave notice because she decided to go back to school. They called me-I saved them an ad in the paper and they got a biller ready to train. I have moved on from that job-that was 3 1/2 years ago and I now make considerably more money. But you have to be willing to start someplace.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc