General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Medical Billing Software/More
Topic Originator: Sandi
Post Date January 22, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
Medical Billing Software/More

Sandi
January 22, 2008 @ 10:42 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I want to know what Medical Software you are using for your home business.  I am currently looking to purchase software to start my Home Business of Medical Billing.  

Please feel free to share any information with me you might think is important.

tdrmgmt
January 23, 2008 @ 7:35 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Sandi,

When we decided to start our billing operation, we looked at all of the most popular softwares out there.  We purchased Practice Manager X3 by Synergy Medical (www.synergymis.com) (www.pmx3.com) after learning that it is the only software made specifically for billing businesses.  It is important that there are time-saving functions that can be performed across all databases.  This may not seem important when you have 1 or 2 clients, but if you plan on having more, these functions become necessary to strengthen your bottom line.
You can use a physician's office software, but you'll need more time - thus more people - to complete your tasks.  A good analogy would be.. if you decided to begin a lawncare business, you could save money and purchase a push-mower, but it would take you more time to complete your tasks, thus limiting how much work you can get done in X amount of time.  If you plan well from the beginning, you'd purchase a riding model.  You may only have 1 or 2 lawncare clients for awhile, but at least you have time in your day to go out and market for more, rather than mowing all day with a push mower.
Yes, it's a funny analogy - but I think it works.
Best of luck in your business endeavors.
Theodore

LaylaTaylor
July 18, 2013 @ 5:29 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We purchased  a software from RedEngine Systems LLC . This  company designed a software tool to improve patient care and practice profitability.  This software  record  patient history, authorizations, insurance information, verify insurance eligibility,  assign patient responsibility and much more. They also offer this s/w Free for  30 days on a trial basis. You can try by visiting http://www.redenginesystems.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc