Medical Billing Coding - ngs ny medicare multi pins vs npi rejections, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: ngs ny medicare multi pins vs npi rejections
Topic Originator: susan
Post Date April 2, 2008 @ 2:19 PM
ngs ny medicare multi pins vs npi rejections

susan
April 2, 2008 @ 2:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Want to know if other providers/billers getting denials and documentation letters trying to link to the Individual NPI vs Multi Pin #'s (legacy/provider#).

Does anyone know a way around this denial. Filling out 855I forms are tedious. Then NGS rep's tell us not to fill them out.
Then they say to fix NPI NGGES Registry Site which all info is okay.

Just want to know if we aren't the only ones experiencing this nightmare.

Thanks
Susan

Lori
April 19, 2008 @ 5:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes.  We didn't get paid by Medicare for over 3 months.  We were advised that being a solo practitioner we didn't need a separate legacy number for Medicare.  Turned out to be not so.  We did have a separate NPI for the practice, but not the separate legacy number.  We have it straightened out now, but it took alot of phone calls and documentation of who we talked to.  I have heard of several docs getting the Medicare runaround.

Lori
April 19, 2008 @ 5:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes.  We didn't get paid by Medicare for over 3 months.  We were advised that being a solo practitioner we didn't need a separate legacy number for Medicare.  Turned out to be not so.  We did have a separate NPI for the practice, but not the separate legacy number.  We have it straightened out now, but it took alot of phone calls and documentation of who we talked to.  I have heard of several docs getting the Medicare runaround.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc