General Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Marketing and Sales
Topic Originator: Don
Post Date August 27, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
Marketing and Sales

Don
August 27, 2008 @ 10:35 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Through my prospecting I've found that medical practices usually fall into one of the following categories:  they bill in-house and are satisfied with that set-up; they have an outsourced biller that they're happy with; or they bill through the hospital.  Generally, I disqualify those billing through the hospital.  Practices happy with their current provider aren't disqualified entirely as things can change quickly, however I wouldn't spend a great deal of effort on those offices - just an occassional call to make sure things are the same.  Which leaves those offices doing in-house billing as the primary suspects for new clients.  Is this reasoning sound?  What kind of things are you doing to target those practices billing in-house?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

max
November 12, 2009 @ 9:59 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Very good and accurate assessment... so part of the marketing strategy is targeting the right message, to the right people, and AT THE RIGHT TIME.  You just need to keep consistent at your message thru phone calls, mailings, brochure drop offs, etc because you never know when their inhouse person might quit; leave; get fired; have a baby; have personal problems; get married; move; retire; hit the lottery (lol, you get the picture)....

So you might want to look around for articles about medical billing in general, and relating to a  doctors specialty and use that as material in your followup sequence-- basically become the "expert" so that when there is a change in the office, the doctor will call you because of all the info you've been giving them, and because you have "top of mind" awareness.

Max

Brian Smith
November 18, 2009 @ 2:55 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Do not rule out reading news stories about medical billing problems.  A simple Google news search will reveal no shortage.  These are people and companies who have had issues in the past and will want to avoid them in the future.  If for no other reason than PR, they may be willing to switch to a new service.

B. Smith
Assistant <a href="http://ecaos.com">Medical Billing</a> Manager
Liason to <a href="http://www.ama-assn.org/">AMA</a>

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc