Medical Billing Coding - summary of 2008 CPT updates - less than $10, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

Online Resources

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: summary of 2008 CPT updates - less than $10
Topic Originator: handmaid
Post Date December 4, 2007 @ 10:40 AM
summary of 2008 CPT updates - less than $10

handmaid
December 4, 2007 @ 10:40 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Check out the following: On the following website, there is a screen shot of an available CPT summary list that you can automatically preview (www.tools4coding.com). This summary covers the added, deleted, and revised CPT codes, modifiers, and instructions for the year 2008 and it is categorized or organized roughly by specialty. It does not include the actual CPT codes because they are copyrighted.

A complimentary summary of the deleted, added, and revised HCPCS codes for the year 2008 is also available and this summary is also categorized by specialty and each detailed change is indicated within the document. Feel free to email me for your complimentary copy of the HCPCS code changes summary.

Christina
Email cmbenjamin@bellsouth.net

Christine Goans
December 24, 2007 @ 7:07 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hey guys you can get the same info for free.

Christine Goans
President
Coding Smarter Office Support Plus
Auditor, Coder, Instructor

In your life you will always be sorry for something. But you will never be sorry you were kind.
Subscribe to Medical_Coders_Resource_Networking_Group

handmaid
December 25, 2007 @ 5:56 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Just want to clarify that the info on the group listed above is not the same as what I have on www.tools4coding.com.  I have organized my lists by specialty so that if you are just ortho or cardio or obgyn, you can go directly to the section that would most pertain to you as well as browse other sections like for E/M.  Each revision or change to the CPT modifiers and CPT instructional notes are listed and also the corrections to CPT and the Category III codes are listed.  The Category III codes are also broken down by specialty and I include the ones that will not be in your CPT books for 2008.  Several coders have purchased this product and told me it was well worth the small fee.  Also, I did not include the actual CPT code numbers to comply with AMA's copyright laws.  There are sites and Webgroups out there that do list the actual codes without obtaining the proper copyright license and permission so be sure to verify that before you join any group.

Also, my students are telling me that they are not being accepted into the group listed above (Medical_Coders_Networking_Resource_Group.)

Christine
February 24, 2008 @ 5:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Come see for yourself all we ask is you never charge for what you find on our group on your website.  

Students who belong to an accredited coding program are welcome.  You do have to fill out a form so we can know how to help you.  Michelle Green recommends the group to her students at Alfred College

Please contact us

Subscribe to Medical_Coders_Resource_Networking_Group
Coding Smarter office support plus learning center.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc