(FORUM HOME)

Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic:
Topic Originator:
Post Date @

Olga
September 26, 2008 @ 8:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been working as a Church Secretary during the last 4 years. Prior to that I worked for a newspaper as a Librarian for 11 years. I have a High School equivalent diploma.
I need to know if there will be an opportunity of a job for me in the Medical Billing and Coding field, before I take this training with the AHIMA organization. I am 52 years old.
I usually see that the employers ask for years of experience

steve verno
September 26, 2008 @ 11:52 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It all depends on where you live.

Check your help wanted ads and Careerbuilder.com for openings in your area

DAN YOUNG
October 27, 2008 @ 4:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Olga,

Try taking an online course in medical terminology.  This might help you see if you want to get into the medical billing professional.

Zeek Johny
April 18, 2009 @ 8:19 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I was reading yr response to Olga, for online courses on medical technology, I was also looking for some online courses in medical technology, I will Highly appreciate if you advise me for any good online sites for the same.

Thanks

Michelle Rimmer
May 4, 2009 @ 11:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Zeek,

The Professional Medical Billers Association offers an Online Medical Terminology course at www.learnmedicalbillingonline.com

Michelle Rimmer
President-PMBA
www.pmbausa.com

Nonny
June 16, 2009 @ 10:02 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Zeek it took me awhile to decide which courses and training I would be taking. I have started a medical billing business but I also want to provide HIT healthcare information technology training and consulting.

I chose www.medicalbillingcourse.com for medical billing (super course, fantastic people!) and www.ahima.org for the RHIT Registered Health Information Tech (again great decision!).

Olga
June 16, 2009 @ 11:39 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am going to check how are the job opportunities in Florida, in person,  because in New Jersey I don't see any, and I don't want to waste my money.
The problem I see is the age besides the lack of jobs lately.

Freddie Booth
November 23, 2018 @ 1:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, you definitely need help in this matter. Now there are different resources that can help you with this. I used the resource to assist in the preparation of a resume and they told me about all the fields there. So now I know everything.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc