Title: Medical Billing and Coding for HBAI Services (With New Codes)
Presenter: Kateryna (Kate) Patskovska, CPB, AAPC Approved Instructor (CPB-I)
Time: 56.05 minutes
Description: This webinar discusses HBAI services, focusing on coding and billing. Medical necessity is explored, including Optum/APA examples. The speaker points out changes from the 2019 HBAI services CPT codes to the current codes. Documentation requirements to support proper billing and coding for HBAI services are shared, including time tips to remember.
• HBAI Services Overview
• Optum/APA Examples of Minimum Documentation/Medical Necessity Requirements for HBAI Services
• Crosswalk Between 2019 and Current HBAI Services CPT Codes
• Proper Billing and Coding for HBAI Services
• What are HBAI services? Two components - Assessment and Intervention
• Programs that qualify for HBAI services
• General medical necessity/coverage for HBAI services, plus specific documentation and exclusions - examples from Optum/APA
• HBAI services code - current changes with definitions
• Crosswalk between old HBAI codes (2019) and new HBAI codes (2020 and beyond)
• Proper billing and coding for HBAI services – e.g., who can and cannot bill HBAI codes; HBAI services and other code combinations
• Confused about time codes? Learn a simple way to know which code to bill!
HBAI Family representative examples
Kateryna Patskovska, CPB, AAPC Approved Instructor (CPB-I)
I am a certified medical biller as well as an AAPC Approved Instructor for Medical Billing (CPB-I). I have over 15 years of experience in Healthcare field serving in various positions: medical receptionist, medical biller, supervisor, Practice Manager, etc.
My current and past public speaking engagements include AMBA, SFHIMA chapter and various AAPC Chapters. As for my recorded AAPC CEU approved webinars, you will be able to find them in an online library of BC Advantage Magazine. I am also a published author in the AAPC HBM magazine (November 2021 Issue). If you are interested in my upcoming speaking engagements, please see my home page!
Currently, I am available as a part-time medical billing and coding tutor on Varsity Tutors platform as well as a Health Care Program Planner/Analyst at MetroPlus Health.