Title: FY 2024 ICD-10-CM Code Changes
Presenter: Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Vice President Coding Services Line – AGS Health
Time: 1.19 hours
2024 brings about new changes for ICD-10 Coding. Learn about the changes with this comprehensive webinar presented by Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Vice President Coding Services Line for AGS Health.
- Get an overview of the 395 new diagnosis codes, 25 deletions, and 13 revisions for the fiscal year (FY) 2024 ICD-10-CM code set announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), finalized to take effect on October 1 st , 2023.
- Review key diagnosis code changes such as Parkinson's Disease, chronic migraines, sickle cell disease, and external cause of morbidity and mortality codes.
- Learn about key guideline changes including chapter-specific changes, general coding guideline updates, and coding convention updates.
- Overview of Classification Changes FY 22-24
- New Code Additions by Chapter
- ICD 10 CM Guideline Update – FY 2024
- Revised Diagnosis Code Titles
- Deleted Codes
- MCC Additions / Deletions – FY 2024
- CC Additions / Deletions – FY 2024
Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Vice President Coding Services Line – AGS Health.
Leigh has over 25 years of coding experience and has worked extensively in the coding and education realm over the last 20 years. Her true passion is coding education and making sure coders are equipped to do their job accurately and with excellence. Academically, Leigh graduated from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science. Leigh is also certified in RHIA, CCS, and is an AHIMA certified ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer.
Leigh has had the opportunity to present at the AHIMA national convention, ACDIS convention and AAPC convention on multiple occasions. She has spoken at multiple state AHIMA conventions including TXHIMA, PHIMA, ILHIMA, LHIMA, and WHIMA. She has been a guest speaker on AHIMA webinars, written articles for the AHIMA Journal and has published articles in the CodeWrite publication. Leigh has travelled the US and Internationally providing coding education.
AGS Health is more than a revenue cycle management company – we're a strategic partner for growth. With expert services complemented by AI-enabled technologies and high-touch support, AGS Health is the premier revenue cycle partner for leading health systems, physician groups, and academic medical centers in the U.S. With expert insight into modern revenue cycle practices, the company pairs cutting-edge technology with college-educated, trained RCM experts to help customers achieve a high-performance revenue cycle to optimize workflows, maintain compliance, and prevent revenue leakage. AGS Health employs nearly 12,000 team members globally and partners with more than 140 customers across a variety of care settings, specialties, and billing systems.